Thursday, August 21, 2008

An Unexpected Adventure... Face to Face with the big guns.

I had 2 bus runs yesterday. Nice. Unexpected. I went in for a normal bus run yesterday and got a surprise: President Bush was flying in and therefore my 2nd bus run would be delayed. They were closing the airspace from 4p-7p. No big deal.

When I got to the Atlantic Aviation (FBO) (a.k.a. the private airport) I was not only able to see Airforce One- I was able to take pictures, too.


The police officer who took me out on the tarmac to see it said that the 2 men on the platform were holding AK 47's (or some big guns) and that they would be looking at me to see what I was pointing at the plane. Moment of uncertainty. And then I snapped away. By the way Mom, I think my new camara takes pretty great pictures.

So we waited and waited and then they told us to go out and load our passengers. While we were loading passengers on the tarmac they told us not to drive away until they gave us the go ahead. Well, I wasn't going anywhere because there was a police car parked immediately infront of my bus. We got on our buses and waited for the go ahead and all of a sudden: AirForce One went right by us. There was maybe a 100-150 feet between our vehicles and the plane. Then it turned around and began to prepare for take off. This picture is just before take off- maybe 5 seconds before they were airborne.

And there off...........................................

2 comments:

Jules said...

Wowsers!!!! You deserve an extra hug the next time we meet. :)

gilSilvers said...

Wow, a close encounter with the President. Um, do you get hazard pay for dealing with the AK47s?