Monday, August 11, 2008

Blessings...Sometimes I need to stop and count my Blessings


Several times in the last few days I have been reminded to stop and count my blessings. I had an e-mail from my friend concerning her court date tomorrow to have her daughter placed back in her custody. How scary to have a child taken from you. I can't begin to imagine. I can't imagine what waking up and not having one of the kids here would be like. So I am thanking God in advance that in his infinite wisdom he is going to return this precious child back to her mother.


I am thankful that my father's surgery is going to go smoothly tomorrow. There will be no complications and certainly no blood clots. His knee will heal quickly and completely and be as good as new. I am very thankful that my father and mother have each other.


I thank you Lord for putting the 2 women in my path this weekend that you have. For the young woman I thank you that she is safely in Japan, fed and rested. For the other I thank you that she is receiving a home and a job today. The restoration of her belongings that disappeared in the fire.


Lord, I pray for peace to all of the many who have lost loved ones recently. Thank you that each of those that have "passed away" have had personal relationships with you and have therefore, passed into your arms.


Lord, I thank you that through all of these many trials and circumstances you make us stronger, you draw us closer to you. James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.

gilSilvers said...

Beautiful prayerful entry today, Dawn. God bless you. :)