Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fear- how quickly it grows.

I opened my email this morning and read an e-mail from Jared. Welcome surprise since we haven't heard from him in a while. The subject of his e-mail: fear and how with God it can quickly be overcome.

As I sit reading I hear a distinct rattling in the foil that remains on some of my windows to block the Mississippi summer heat. I decide to go investigate expecting a tree roach. But when I raise the blinds I see ... a tail hanging out from under the foil. My first thought - scaredy cat that I am - mouse. But silly me realizes that if it were a mouse I would see a bulge in the foil.

So I begin to remove the foil to find exactly what I am now expecting, a gecko. Lizard - mouse almost equally as repulsive and scary. For the first time - I am very grateful there was no screen in that window!!!!! I just opened the window and directed the gecko out into the bush.

Thank you Lord, for the small things like a missing screen in the right place and time.

No comments: